Thursday, January 27, 2022

Priceless Friendship




Different styles

different techniques

different mediums

and yet

we can totally support

each other

 

Maybe it’s

the one common goal

of being realists

in our paintings

that draws us together

 

Feedback and suggestions

are openly given

with the goal

of helping each other

achieve the results

each desire

in our paintings

 

She doesn’t force

her style on me

nor do I

try to convince her

my way

is the better way

 

In this day

when there is so much angst

with those trying to force

their points of view

onto everyone else,

this freedom of speech

between two very good friends

is emotionally refreshing

 

We’re able to speak freely

while remaining true

to our individual styles

I love learning

about her style

and she enjoys

seeing my progress

 

We remain

unique to ourselves

 

Author’s note: When she was leaving, she was saying how much our friendship means to her. Does to me, too. Funny, here I am a word person, and I can never find the right words, and then she was describing how wonderful our friendship is. So precious, so wonderful. –SW

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment