Saturday, March 25, 2023

Ice Storm

          Standing on tip toes

the edge of the precipice

pulls me to lean…

just a tad more

 

The raging storm of life

pummels me

Who would really care?

Why would I?

 

I’m surprised

my body holds rigid

when emotionally

I’m a puddled mess

 

Part of me

doesn’t care any more

I’m almost tempted

to slip forward

 

But I wait

wracked in sobs

the sharp shards of sleet

stabbing me to the core

 

How can I be so frozen

yet still feel intensely

the heat of pain and fear

worry consumes me

 

How can I ever trust again

when my heart has been broken

so many times, it’ll never heal

when the fear isolates me further

 

How can I live wholeheartedly

when days are filled

with scammers and thieves

I see not hope for the future

 

I shift my weight closer

How can there be any hope?

Is there is no saving of me?

I am so forever damaged

 

But once more

I step away from the edge

I may be forever damaged

but there is still …

 

For now, anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment