Friday, February 8, 2019

Creative Muses



The Poetry Muse
strikes with no notice
words pouring out
like beer from an open tap

The words
in its frothy head
slowly sink
into the dark brew

With each sip
of the creamy, bitter stout
they slide down my throat
then slip out onto the page

The Painting Muse
hovers on the sideline
silently prodding
my consciousness

“Paint,” she pleads, “Paint!”
as she fills my mind
with visions of beautiful
landscapes and flowers

Pink Phlox Purple Post

She pulls me
to the easel
shows me scenes
full of pastel brightness

Soft colors over dark
blended edges of vibrant shades
I feel my hand lift to the paper
give over to the passion

Until the Writing Muse
demands attention
and words vie with color
overflowing my mind

Write, paint, write, paint
becomes the daily struggle
with both muses screaming
to be heard

Wisps of color
swirl in a sea of words
and I give in
to whatever is strongest

leaving the other
to pace the misty shorelines
awaiting her chance
to jump in.













No comments:

Post a Comment